This post is also available in: Hebrew
We are sitting together in the car, the girls are in the back seat. Amit is asking again for us to tell her the story of how we met (do all couples have 2 versions of this story, his and hers? 🙂 ). I’m looking at him and writing this post in my head.
The driver, my man, the only person that can balance me.
He is constantly pleased, no matter what, a bit irritating I must say, but honestly i’m just a bit jealous.
He can’t wait to get old and already plans all the fun classes we’ll go to, I shiver at the mere thought of late adulthood.
I get mad in a second, he comes back to being calm in a second.
I taught him to be a bit more cynical, he taught me to be a bit more polite.
He’s messy in a whole other level. Other level.
He’ll never notice I cut my hair (and will be embarrassed by his brothers in law that did notice again and again), but can understand my mood and line of thoughts from just a glimpse at my face.
He can always quote my last sentence, even when there’s no doubt he wasn’t listening.
At times so irritating, at times I don’t understand how I ended p with such a good one 🙂 .
We came back from 2 weeks abroad this morning. 2 weeks fool of adventures and family. The most intensive family time I had in a long time.
Some combinations are just meant to be.
Vanilla ice-cream + peanut butter cookie dough. When the whole is greater than the sum of its parts.
- For the cookie dough:
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- ⅓ cup oatmeal flour
- 2 table spoons pure maple syrup
- Pinch of salt
- a handful of dark chocolate chips (optional)
- For the ice-cream:
- 1⅓ cups water
- 1 cup natural cashews (pre-soaked for 10 minutes in hot water if your blender is not the strongest)
- a bit less than ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ tea spoon salt
- To make the cookie dough: Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Work with your hands to create a ball of dough.
- To make the ice-cream: Blend all ingredients until they form a smooth liquid.
- Pour the liquid into muffin molds (you can use ice cube trays or silicon muffin molds, just make sure you use molds that will make it easy for you to quickly pull the frozen ice cream cubes out of them later on).
- Place in the freezer and once frozen (it takes around 3 hours), take the ice cream cubes out of the molds and blend them once more (use either a high speed blender, preferably one that the ice-cream cubes can be pushed towards the blades while running, or use a food processor if your blender doesn't support that).
- Mix this pleasure together: Use your hands to tear chunks off of the cookie dough ball and place them on the ice-cream. Mix with a spoon to incorporate them in.
- The ice-cream can be served imminently if you like it a bit melted, or send it to the freezer for another 15- 20 minutes and then serve.
By the way, this recipe is a combination of 2 other very popular recipes on my blog, this modular nuts based ice-cream and these nut-butter simple healthy cookies, welcome to check them out as well!
If you liked this and want to be updated with new recipes, Like VeganHightechMom on Facebook or register to get updates via email (This is mostly recommended as it is the only way to ensure you’ll receive the recipes. And check your spam or “Promotions” tabs, as these email might end up there sometimes).